Jewellery looks best when they dazzle like a star. And that’s why we wear it as well because they spiff up the entire look of yours. But with gradual exposure to dust and dirt, body creams, soaps, even air and moisture, your jewel pieces lose their glam.
Thank god, the hidden ways to clean Indian jewellery are now available here so that you can enjoy your shimmery treasure at its best. You can restore the shine of tarnished silver earrings or choker necklaces and golds back to their former selves. Get your precious gemstones like diamond or emerald glinting again, just like newly bought with these easy steps.
Just grab the right supplies and be ready to get started.
Cleaning Silver Jewellery
- Dish soap: Take a few drops of detergent or liquid soap with warm water in a bowl and mix it softly. Dip a clean and soft cloth (preferably white) in the solution made and rub the cloth gently onto the silver jewellery such as silver earrings to remove the tarnish. Rinse the jewel piece with cool or room temperature water and then dry it with another clean & soft cloth.
- Baking soda: If the tarnish is heavier than what you have expected, then use this method. Mix three-fourth part of baking powder and one-fourth part of the water. Mix the concentration well and make a sludgy paste. Then, wet your silver jewellery such as earrings or choker necklace and apply the paste with a soft cotton cloth. Make sure the crevices and dents are thoroughly cleaned. Rinse well and dry it.
- Toothpaste: Another best method to remove dirt or dispositions from silver jewellery is by the application of toothpaste. Make sure it is a cream toothpaste and not gel. Then apply the toothpaste onto the tarnished silver earrings or jewellery and buff it gently with a soft cloth.
Cleaning gold jewellery
When it comes to gold jewellery, we become a little bit conscious and scared. What will happen to it if we end up with something stupid or unreliable? Well, we understand your mind muddle and thus, come up with the most gentle and reliable ways to clean your gold jewellery.
Put a few drops of gentle liquid soap and warm water in a bowl and give your gold jewellery such as bracelets, choker necklace, pendants, and earrings a gentle dip into the solution. Soak small jewellery pieces first and then dip larger jewel pieces and let them be there for at least 10 minutes.
Give a good twirl to the dipped items, then take them out. Lay them over a soft muslin cloth and clean the crevices gently with a soft tip toothbrush. This will help to dislodge any kind of dirt trapped in there. Put them all in a strainer and then rinse them thoroughly.
Tips To Take Care Of Your Jewellery
- Remove necklace or silver earrings when doing any work related to cleaning, applying moisturizer or tasks that involve too much sweat such as workout.
- Avoid wearing jewellery when swimming.
- Wipe stones and pearls with a muslin cloth after every usage.
- Avoid perfume over them to prevent yellowing of jewellery.